Join us Wednesday Feb 22, 2023 at
6pm for Soup Supper and
7pm for Worship and the imposition of Ashes
Click here for bulletin 2.22.23_ash_wednesday.pdf
During the season of Lent. Christians around the world focus inward, looking at our own sin and brokenness, and how these things led Jesus to the cross. We remember His 40 Days of self-denial in the desert, and intentional deny ourselves certain things, as we feel led. We also practice alms-giving as a way of serving the needy in our community. Among other things, this 40 day period helps us appreciate Easter even more when it finally arrives.
To learn more about Lent check out this Anglican Compass article
Midweek Lenten Reflection
Wednesdays at 6 pm Soup Supper 7pm Taize Service
Each week there will be an activity and questions to help you dive deeper into your Lenten Journey. We encourage you to keep a journal this Lent where you can record and reflect on these questions.
1. What do your treasures and questions say about you?
2. How do you know when you have enough of something? What do you do when you have too much?
3. What invisible treasures are important to your family? Why are they important?
Curiosity Seat Questions:
What is the last thing you were excited about?
What is your best travel memory?
Which friedn do you trust with yout thoughts and ideas?
If you could choose a family activity we would all do together tomorrow, what would it be?
Coloring Page: LENT_MIDWEEK_WEEK_TWO-merged_1_.pdf
1. What makes you feel whole and complete as a person? When do you feel the most whole?
2. The rich young man was sad when he heard Jesus' final advice. Why do you think he was sad?
3. How can our earthly treasures hold us back from wholeness?
1.Has your family ever gathered to pay attention to one, very important thing?
2. Have you ever given up something in order to try something new or different?
3. Who else left behind a life or treasures in order to live a different kind of life? Can you think of
anyone else who made a difference by giving up their treasures?
4. How do you decide what risks are worth taking?
A list of resources chosen by our clergy to help you observe Lent
C4SO is doing Visio Divina with an incredible black artist: https://c4so.org/visio-divina-a-sermon-for-our-ancestors/
BCP 2019 Daily Office Online https://www.dailyoffice2019.com/church_year/2020-2021/#lent
Pray As You Go (Jesuit, but awesome) https://pray-as-you-go.org/
Trinity School for Ministry online Lenten Devotional: http://www.tsm.edu/2021/02/20/2021-lent
This is a pretty solid book list: https://www.advent.church/lenten-books